YPT Required for All Leaders
The Boy Scouts of America places the greatest importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members. To maintain such an environment, the BSA developed numerous procedural and leadership selection policies and provides parents and leaders with resources for the Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Exploring programs.
CLICK HERE learn more about the Boy Scouts of America’s Youth Protection policies. CLICK HERE to learn about the training you must complete if you are a registered adult member of Scouting.
TO SERVE AS A REGISTERED ADULT LEADER IN THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Complete a BSA Adult Volunteer Application and give approval for a background check.
- Go to www.my.scouting.org and take Youth Protection Training. Once you have completed the training, please print out the gulfportpharmacy.com certificate and attach it to your application. You are required to complete this training every two years.
- Successfully complete the mandatory PA Clearance checks.
Every adult, regardless if you are a parent, a registered leader, or a volunteer, is a Mandated Reporter. If you suspect abuse, report it. If you hear something that could be abuse, report it. If someone tells you they were abused, report it.
If you suspect or know of abuse but don’t report it, you are liable and be charged a large fine or go to jail. Any person making a good faith report is protected.
If you see abuse happening, call the police immediately.
- PA Mandatory Reporters
- Pennsylvania Disclosure Statement for Volunteers
- Scouter Code of Conduct
- Youth Protection Pledge Cards
- PA Keep Kids Safe website
Questions / Requests
Raymond Tennent, Scout Executive (724) 287-6791